For a lighter taste, feel free to stir-fry the bok choy in olive oil. Low-sodium
chicken broth can be used in place of water.
4 bunches bok choy (basically, 1 bunch per person)
2 slices ginger
2 TBSP soy sauce
1 tsp sugar, or to taste
¼ tsp salt, or to taste
1/4 cup water
A few drops sesame oil
1½ TBSP vegetable oil for frying
- Wash the bok choy and drain.
- Separate stalks and leaves. Cut stalk diagonally and cut the leaves across.
- Heat wok and add oil. When oil is ready, add ginger and stir-fry briefly, for about 30 seconds, until the ginger is aromatic.
- Add the bok choy, adding the stalks first, and then the leaves. Stir in the soy sauce, sugar, and salt, and stir-fry on high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the water, cover the wok and simmer for about 2 minutes. Stir in the
sesame oil and serve. Serves 4.